Friday, July 9, 2010

NYC's Toys, Museums, and Views

While in NYC, I got to fulfill a lifelong dream - going to FAO Schwarz.


The first day we tried to go there, we got there right at closing. Luckily, I got to take a pic with the guard outside, as he kindly told people the store was closed. Haha
The front entrance
View of the front entrance from the second floor. The pink dogs shown were HUGE... just took the pic from far away. They remind me of my childhood stuffed dog Samuel.

This is the main reason I wanted to go to FAO Schwarz - to see the piano from the movie Big (with Tom Hanks). I got something even better... I got to stand on it and play it!

My view... the keys lit up and played the correct note! And no, I didn't play chopsticks. Too shamed!

Spent the day in Central Park, but I wasn't feeling well. We went back in the evening, to run around the Jackie Kennedy Onassi Reservoir. Really beautiful. There were so many runners, too!

Views of NY from the north side of the reservoir.

Sweaty pic!

Greg wanted to capture true New Yorkers, and how they wait 5 feet off the sidewalk for the light to change. We thought by the end of our trip that we were getting good at it. Once, we were a few feet out, and looked to smile at each other in pride. Just then, an true New Yorker walked and stood two feet in front of us. Sigh...

The Museum of Natural History (from the movie Night at the Museum). This is a real T-Rex.

Many museums use casts of bones, but these were the actual thing. Pretty crazy!

Wooly.

Mom, this one's for you. I know you love turtles, especially the big ones on North Shore. Imagine if they were still this size now!

A pretty view of the side entrance.

I heard this is a must-do in NY. Greg enjoyed a burger and shake from the Shake Shack. I sampled from each... so tasty! (The shakes are made from custard. Super thick!)

We borrowed someone's front stoop.

I love these houses!

No comments:

Post a Comment